Presby Construction has been awarded the proposal for this project
June 5, 2017
The Town of Franconia, New Hampshire seeks proposals for:
Construction of a new 30’ x 60’ pavilion at the Dow Park
From qualified contractors
The construction of this pavilion is funded by donations and fundraising events sponsored by the Lafayette Recreation Dept. and will consider additional donations in the review of this proposal.
Scope of work:
In a workman like manner provide all necessary materials, labor and equipment to complete installation of new pavilion according to the following scope:
- All site work and oversight to include the excavation, back fill, compacted gravel pad for slab, rough grading for water and electrical trenching and cleanup of site when project complete (screened loam, hand rake, seed and mulch)
- Excavation, back fill and rough grading for water and electrical trenching will be done by the Franconia Highway dept
- Hand raking, seed and mulch will be donated by PriceCuts Lawn and Landscape
- A polished concrete slab 30’ x 60’ by 5” thick with a bearing footing around the outside edge 9” deep by 16” wide with an additional row of rebar in the area. The slab will be poured with 400 psi concrete, contain a 2’ x 2’ mat of #4 rebar, control joints and covered with curing compound upon completion.
- Town of Franconia will supply 30 cu/yds of 400 psi concrete from Person’s Concrete
- Construct a green hemlock frame. Frame will consist of 8”x8” columns with 8”x8” horizontal beams. Columns will be installed with structural column bases imbedded directly into the concrete slab and structural column caps tieing in the horizontal beam grid work to the columns. Diagonal bracing at each column (both ways) will be fastened to the columns and beams with structural bolts. All hardware will be galvanized.
- Place 32’ bottom cord bearing trusses with a 12” square cut cantilever @24”intervals. Trusses to have a 6 ½” pitch. Sheath roof with 5/8” T&G Advantech sheathing fastened according to manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Install TriFlex synthetic roofing paper with Imperial Rib metal roofing panels with associated flashings and ridge cap.
- Each corner will have railings on either side of the 4 corner posts extending to the next post. The anterior left corner post will house the electrical panel that will be an enclosed wooden structure. The pavilion will have interior led lighting.
- Town of Franconia will provide the electrician
- Town of Franconia will provide the water line and spigot
- Contractor shall keep work area neat at the end of each work day and contained through the duration of the job.
Proposers must comply with the following submission procedures:
1. Sealed proposals shall be submitted marked “Pavilion on the Dow” on the outside of the envelope, addressed to:
Town of Franconia
PO Box 900
Franconia, NH 03580
2. Important Dates
RFP announcement date: June 7, 2017
Deadline to submit questions: June 14
Deadline to submit bid date: June 21
RFP award date: June 28
Project to be completed: August 15, 2017
3. OPTIONAL SITE VISIT: All prospective bidders may obtain a tour of the property by contacting Kim Cowles 991-8925.
4. RESERVATION OF RIGHTS: The Town of Franconia reserves the right to reject any and all proposals, and to accept any proposal that it deems to be in the best interest of the Town.
5. WARRANTY: The contractor shall submit a copy of the manufacturer’s warranty indicating duration of said warranty and install the shingles according to the manufacturer’s instructions. In addition to manufacturer’s warranty, the contractor shall warranty all workmanship for one year.
6. SPECIFICATIONS: The bidder shall furnish information related to the specifications of the products being used.
7. COST/SCHEDULE: The bidder shall furnish a CAD drawing and a line item breakdown as part of the cost proposal and schedule as part of the package. The contractor shall complete all work by August 15, 2017
8. The Town of Franconia will accept only full packages for all requested elements.
Proposals submitted without all scope of work items included shall be disqualified.
9. A copy of applicable insurance certificate(s) must accompany bids. Minimum coverage is $1,000,000 per occurrence, $2,000,000 aggregate on general liability; Worker’s Compensation Coverage in compliance with State Law.
10. Safety: OSHA regulations will be followed on the jobsite.
11. Permits: This job requires a building permit from the Town of Franconia and a Shoreline permit from NH DES